Category: School Education
Sub Category: Global Collaborative Learning Initiative
Reference No. WES2014/awards/453
Details of the Applicant:
Name: Dr Neeta Bali
Organization: GD Goenka World School
Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
Promoting the spirit of Internationalism @ G.D Goenka World School
Strengthening the spirit of international-ism in the school
Target Group: Learners of Grade 6 to grade 12
Geographical Reach within India: G.D Goenka World School across the country
Geographical Reach outside India: USA, Brazil, Scotland, Croatia, Japan, India, Portugal and China, Spain, Australia, Canada, Ireland
Date From which the Project became Operational: 1-1-2012
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
List 5 achievements of the programme/project/initiative:
1. Accredited with British council International School Award 2013-16.
2. Initiated exchange programme with Oban High School. Oban, Argyll, Scotland.
3. Students Of G.D Goenka World School Attended Language Immersion Programme In Paris.
4. Teacher in Space Programme – Christa McAuliffe Elementary School, Texas USA.
5. Jamboree – “Where we are in place and time” – we are host to cultures from 39 countries.
List 5 Key challenges faced while implementing the project/programme/initiative and how they were overcome:
1. Finding partner schools in other countries who are willing to share/ exchange curricular and cultural contents and activities with our students.
2. Maintaining/ communicating/ strengthening relationship and bonding with the partner schools.
3. Getting approval for various activities from the management.
4. Coordinating, collaborating, collecting and submitting/ uploading reports/ pictures on various media and web channels for the whole school was/is most challenging task.
5. Involving whole school community in the initiative and imparting ICT training and educating everyone involved is a challenge in continuum.